Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Valentines Day

Do you do anything special for Valentines Day? We generally exchange cards but that is really it for us.
Our very first Valentines Day was 2 days after our very 1st date. Arend had gone back home to Kincardine (we lived in Cambridge at the time) after a weekend at his brothers (and my sister who is married to Arends brother).
We had had our 1st date at Lil Big Horn in Cambridge and spent some time together on the Sunday before he left. To my surprise the next day when I got home from work there was a note on the door that there was a package for me at the florist. We actually thought it was for my daughter who was dating a guy at the time too. But SURPRISE, it was for me and it was the most beautiful dozen long stemmed roses that I have ever seen!
I guess I must have made some sort of impression on our date to have been so lucky to have gotten such beautiful flowers so soon!
I certainly fell in love with a wonderful man who is the love of my life!

2 comments:

Kandice said...

Humm...what did I get that year for V-day??

LOL!

Lynda said...

Not really sure what you got. Good quetion.