Monday, March 28, 2011

A Tale of Two Yarns



A Tale of two Yarns - 2KCBWDay1
Part of any fiber enthusiasts hobby is an appreciation of yarn. Choose 2 yarns that you have either used or have in your stash or which you yearn after and capture what it is that you love or loathe about them.


I've been knitting for several years and have used many varieties of yarn. I have a stash that consists of Patons, Lion Brand, Bernat, Red Heart, Caron, TLC, Cascade 220 Heathers, Baby Weight, Worsted Weight, Fingering, Sock you name it. Plus I also have many, many balls of wool that used to belong to my Mother-in-Law that is from Philosophers Wool (Inverhuron, ON). Without going down and checking I'm not sure what else may be there.

Only recently have I tried the Cascade 220 and to be honest I would have to say this to date is my Favourite! I loved the way it worked with me. It didn't ball and pill like some yarns that I have used (this is frustrating when you are making a gift). It is a wonderfully soft, 100% Wool and very nice to use. Although this was a gift to me from my daughter and her family for me to knit myself something for a change (which I have) the price is very economical and the colourways are perfect for choosing just the right one. I recommend this to anyone!




As for my least favourite? Wow, I'm not even sure if I have one. Now that my daughter has gotten me more into the luxury natual fibers I would tend to choose those over other yarns if at all possible. I have found that some of the cheaper acrylic yarns pill as previously mentioned so with that in mind I would say that those would be my least favourite. As for one particular make I couldn't really say.

1 comment:

Krystal said...

Neato - I'm not a knitter, so I don'w know what most of this means, but sounds good!
Your vest is looking good too!