Friday, April 1, 2011

Where are they now? 2KCBWDAY4

Where are they now? – 2KCBWDAY4

Whatever happened to your __________?
Write about the fate of a past knitting project. Whether it be something that you crocheted or knitted for yourself or to give to another person. An item that lives with you or something which you sent off to charity.

Over the years most everything I have knit or crocheted has been given away as gifts or just made to give to someone out of my home.  So to be honest I really don't know where things end up over the years.  I guess I hope that they will be passed on and on until of course they are wore out.  I've made baby sweaters, afghans, baby blankets, scrunch socks (always a favourite of mine) that were given to nieces for gifts and of course I made them for my own daughters when they were much younger.  I would love to find a pattern for these again so I could make some for my grand daughters.

Anyways, I guess I'll never know where these items are now!  I am embarassed to say that a couple patterns I've attempted have been set aside for a long time only to be unravelled when I couldn't figure out where I was to try and pick up on it again but really that has only happened 2 times that I know of!

Wouldn't it be nice to know though if the items we make with love and anticipation for gifts to loved ones be handed down the line to others who will wear and enjoy or play with and enjoy?  I sure hope so!

No comments: