Sunday, April 3, 2011

Your knitting and crocheting time - 2KCBWDay7

Your knitting and crochet time.

Write about your typical crafting time. When it is that you are likely to craft – alone or in more social environments, when watching TV or whilst taking bus journeys. What items do you like to surround yourself with whilst you twirl your hook like a majorette’s baton or work those needles like a skilled set of samurai swords. Do you always have snacks to hand, or are you a strictly ‘no crumbs near my yarn!’ kind of knitter.

Most of my knitting is done in the comfort of my bed in the evening while watching my favourite shows on TV. Most times I have my laptop open and ready in case I need to pull up a video from KnittingHelp.com which has been a godsend to me. I try to take my knitting with me if I am heading to the hospital for my back injections so I can work on it while waiting my turn but to be honest I'm not sure how comfy I am knitting in front of strangers especially if they are knitters. I always worry that they will look at me and wonder what on earth I'm doing...who taught her how to knit?, why is she doing that? and so on. So for the most part my knitting is done at home.

When I'm knitting I have my coffee and of course I get the urge to snack as well. Chips, ice-cream, yogurt, muffins, rice cakes...yummy! I can't imagine not having my snacks while knitting or crocheting.

No comments: