Tuesday, April 15, 2014

trying to get back into blogging

It's been a very long time since I last posted.  It's not that I've been busy with other stuff that would keep me from here, I guess I just got out of posting.

My last post was about the little crocheted Ballet Slippers I had made for a woman who contacted me. Well, they were shipped and I received a very nice msg from her letting me know she really liked them and couldn't wait to try them on her daughter.  I really enjoyed making them and would like to make more as well as other items that I could possibly start selling.

I've been busy knitting baby hats that I was planning on donating to the "Click for Babies" purple hats for Shaken Baby Syndrome but have found out that they have enough now to do for a while.  So my next idea was to see if the local hospital and the hospital where I was born and where I go for tests, needles and soon surgery needs hats for newborns.  If so that this where they will be dropped off.  I've been making all purple but I can now do other colours as well.  Exciting.

I've also been busy making other items as well such as a crocheted granny square blanket (christmas gift for my grand daughter), socks (christmas gift for my grand daughter), dinosaurs (christmas gift for my grandson), socks for my daughter (just because!), not sure what else may have been made in between.






I learned a new and to me absolutely perfect bind off for me! Jeny's Surprisingly Stretchy Bind Off, this worked wonderful on the socks that I knit.

Enjoy your day, week and weekend ahead and remember...↓↓↓↓


1 comment:

Kandice said...

Do you have pictures of all the things you've knit? If not I can get them too you! :) I definitely think you should open an easy store with a few of the things you enjoy making - socks, hats, slippers, etc. I'll help you set up and share it! :)

Welcome back to blogging!